Skechers today announced the GOmeb Speed 3 customs for the 2015 Boston Marathon. The shoe will be on sale this week at Marathon Sports, with locations around Boston in very limited quantities. So if you are in town for the run, make sure to get out and grab a pair. This is the exact same shoe the returning champ, Meb Keflezighi, will be racing in on April 20th.
We have a more detailed review of the GOmeb speed 3 coming up in a few weeks, but for now just note these things are super light, fast and honestly, this Boston version is drool worthy. Detailed product specs are as follows:
- Independent circular GOimpulse™ Sensors for a more responsive running experience
- M-Strike® Technology promotes a midfoot strike
- Lightweight – No extra material, no extra weight, nothing to slow you down
- 4mm heel drop keeps foot in a nearly neutral position
- Printed nearly seamless mesh fabric upper
- Improved stability overlays with bold look
- Resalyte® Midsole – Proprietary lightweight injection-molded compound with memory retention helps absorb impact
- Dupont® Delrin® material Stability Plate in midfoot for a supportive and secure run with even less weight
- Seamless interior with microfiber lining maximizes comfort
- Weight: Radically lightweight 7.1 oz. in a men’s size 9
- 14mm forefoot height, 18mm heel height
They will be available in store for $130 and you can read more about them on the Skechers GOmeb Speed 3 page.