It is that time of year again and we are all feeling it, the holidays are rapidly approaching and many of us are struggling with ideas for the runners in our lives. To that end, our team put together a quick gift guide with a mix of items and price points, some of which you will know and some that will be totally new for you. From apparel to subscription boxes, take a look!
- Some of the most beautiful apparel on the market for both road and trail runners.
- A large variety of pricing tiers depending on your budget.
- High-quality materials that will last.
- Visit them at https://www.tracksmith.com/
Seriously, Tracksmith is one of the high performance and high-quality apparel you can buy on the market and there is no runner in the world that won’t be stoked when they see that little logo.
Running Northwest Hat from Territory Run Co
- Yes, this is shameless self-promotion, but it’s an awesome hat!
- Nylon front panel, moisture-wicking sweatband/brim with technical mesh up top.
- If you don’t like OUR hat, then Territory still has some sweet apparel!!
- Retails at $34.00 and you can buy it now!
As we said this is self-promotion, but let’s make this a pitch for Territory Run Co in general as they have some amazing apparel as well. Most trail runners know them, but their everyday wear is solid as well. Oh and get at a hat maybe? 😉
Camelbak Zephyr Vest
- One of the best vests on the markets right now that can handle a variety of distances.
- Comes with two quick stow flasks and you can also include an optional 1L bladder.
- Retails at $150.00, check it out here.
This has been one of our favorite vests over the last 6 months putting literally hundreds of miles on it. Its expandability makes it stand out because you can run with a single flask, two flasks, a bladder, or all of the above. Plus it has tons of pockets and storage.
Topo Athletic REVOKR 2
- A luxurious blended wool upper that doesn’t hold on to the stink.
- Paired with their Ortholite 3D Wave Sense footbed on top of an all-season Vibram X Trek outsole.
- Comes in 2 colors for Men and Women.
- Retails at $115.00 and you can find all their recovery shoes here.
This is a perfect winter recovery shoe as that blended wool upper is fantastic, wears really well, and honestly doesn’t hold onto the smell at all. Get them while you can, they seem to be going quickly!
TriFuel Monthly Subscription
- A monthly subscription box geared to serious runners and triathletes.
- Every box features high-end, mainstream products, that have been heavily curated.
- Always includes solid extras with every box.
- Starts at $39.99 for the FitPack.
This is the perfect subscription box for the super athlete in your life. Their monthly FitPack is a perfect starting box, but you can get even deeper with specialized training boxes as well. The best part is every box feels very curated and they always include some great extras.
- A bi-monthly subscription box for the runner in your life.
- Features a nice mix of nutrition and recovery and always one larger bonus item.
- Will expose your runner to newer brands they have never heard of.
- As low as $25.00 a box!
RunnerBox is a bi-monthly box that differentiates itself by being more of a surprise package. You can expect a few things you know, but also brands you have never heard of which makes it a ton of fun. They also include a nice bonus item with each box as well.
Tread Labs Insole Kit
- Helpful for those runners who need a little pain relief or want a little more performance than their regular insole offers.
- Very easy to use and the insole skit allows you to tailor it to multiple shoe types.
- Starts at $75.00.
Running shoe insoles are perfect for those that need a little extra pain relief, stability, or even performance have a look at Trade Labs. Their insole kits make it easy to move between various shoes casual, performance, cycling, etc with this simple velcro based wedge model. It works quite well and fits all shoes we tested easily.
SILVA Trail Runner Free Headlight
- Billed as the world’s most comfortable headlight.
- Puts out over 400 lumens on high (~260ft of light) and usable to -5 C.
- Available in battery, hybrid USB, or long-lasting USB versions giving you 18 hours of run time.
- Starts at around $100.00.
This is a killer looking headlight from Swedish based SILVA. Their Trail Runner lineup offers up to 400 lumens of light providing over 200 feet of visibility, but can also be tuned down to give you over 18 hours of battery life. Looks very cool on top of it!
Headsweats Holiday “Ugly Sweater” Apparel
- For those who like to really run festive!
- Primarily made with all ECO-friendly recycled materials.
- A variety of prices to meet your budget.
- Come for the holiday, but don’t miss the rest of the line-up.
Headsweats does their Ugly Sweater lineup every year for Christmas (we do need some Hanukkah love though) and they can be great for your holiday run events. Looks aside, they are still high performing and use their REPREVE recycled bottle materials which are soft and breathable.
Gift Card to Your Local Running Store
Lastly, we need to make a pitch for your local running store. They have been getting killed this year as many of us have gone on-line to buy, but do your shopping locally. Local running stores are the lifeblood of the industry so it is in all of our best interest to support them. Even if it is just a gift card, this will always be a great choice for anyone.
Happy Holidays everyone!!